Thursday, February 25, 2010

My lunch today, Creamy Pasta Salad


My lunch today, Creamy Pasta Salad

I usually don't make anything special for lunch for my self. I generally eat whatever is there leftover in the fridge or make myself a leftover sandwich. Only on those days where I feel like eating something different I cook for myself or create something for myself. Today was one of those days that I made something for me!!
I like pasta salads. I cannot give up on them. If I see them, I have to try them. But mainly I like vegetarian salads. I like the plain ones with only veggies, lemon juice, pepper and pasta or the creamy ones. I don't mind that they have mayo in it.
Like always I never have what I require at home period!!! So I 'created' this with what I could find in my pantry. No mayo, so substituted it with sour cream. corn with baby corn, added spinach, spanish olives, chick peas and black beans with red onion, tomato and red bell pepper. Everything with a touch of black pepper, red pepper flakes, parmesan cheese, a dash of onion powder and garlic powder, and a touch of parsley flakes and basil flakes. tying everything together with lemon juice.
I tried to make it on the healthier side by using whole grain pasta and low fat sour cream. I will call this semi-homemade, cos I used frozen spinach and dried parsley and basil flakes. And be sure to adjust or add or minus anything according to your taste.



Ingredients:

1 cup boiled whole grain rotini pasta (boiled and cooled)

2 tbsp black beans
2 tbsp chick peas
2 tbsp chopped baby corn
2 tbsp chopped red bell pepper
1 tbsp chopped red onion
1 tbsp chopped tomato
1 tbsp chopped spanish olives
1 tbsp frozen chopped spinach ( you can use fresh)
salt to taste

2 tbsp low fat sour cream
1 tbsp lemon juice
1 tbsp grated parmesan cheese
1 big pinch of black pepper
1 small pinch of red pepper flakes
a dash of garlic powder and onion powder (optional)
a dash of dried parsley flakes and basil flakes (optional)

Method:

Mix everything in a bowl, and I mean everything, all the ingredients. Enjoy it just like that or refrigerate or chill it. Serve yourself and anyone else and Enjoy!!! :) , while I enjoy mine.........
This can be pre-made and enjoyed later. Can be enjoyed on a picnic or lunch at work!!!

Tip: After refrigerating it, if you think it looks grainy (thats because of the cheese) add a tbsp of milk and mix.





This is going to Jyoti from Pach Pakwan's 'Pasta Party' event.
Posted by Picasa

1 comments:

  1. Very nice recipe dear...Thank U for sending for the event...

    ReplyDelete

Hi Guys!!!...Please leave a comment!..I love and enjoy reading all your comments!...