Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Potato fry / Aloogadda koora


Potato fry / Aloogadda koora

Who doesn't like potato fry?...I am sure everyone does. Its probably another comfort food and another curry no one ever makes a fuss about!
With all the rain we are having, eating hot rice with potato fry and tomato pappu (tomato daal) is probably one of my favorites!!! If there is potato fry available, then I cannot miss eating rice.



I use any kind of potato I get. It comes out perfect with any potato. I just cut it into small cubes and fry them.

Ingredients:

2 big potatoes, washed, peeled and cubed (Put in water so that they don't brown)
1 small onion, chopped
1/2 tsp urad daal
1/4 tsp mustard seeds
1/4 tsp jeera
2 dry red chillies, broken
5-6 curry leaves
1/4 tsp turmeric
1/2 tsp chilli powder
salt to taste
2 tbsp oil
few chopped coriander leaves to garnish

Method:

Heat oil in a pan. Add the urad daal and let it brown. Add the mustard seeds, jeera and let them splutter. Add the red chillies and curry leaves. Add the onion and saute till translucent. Add the potatoes, salt and saute them. If you cover the pan, moisture might accumulate, so saute uncovered. Add the turmeric and chilli powder and mix well. Fry until potatoes get cooked and start turning brown. Garnish with coriander leaves and remove from heat. Serve Hot with rice or roti. Enjoy!!!


Prep time: about 20 min to make sure it doesn't get mushy on me!!
Posted by Picasa

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Hi Guys!!!...Please leave a comment!..I love and enjoy reading all your comments!...