Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Eggless Banana Muffins for T&T from Chef In You


This is the second time I am baking with banana within 2 weeks time and this time from Chef in You.

Chef in You has soo many yummy recipes...its so difficult to decide what to make. I love all her yummy baked goods and keep drooling at the pictures...
This time I decided to try her delicious and healthy Eggless Banana Muffins, which are also low fat and low sugar...something good for me. Me who likes to munch on goodies, low sugar and low fat, would do me some good!! don't you guys think!??




Its not always that when you decide to make something from someone's else's blog, that you find everything required is in your pantry. I try not to make any changes to the recipe and follow it 'HU BAH HU", but since I didn't have any oranges or any rolled oats, I substituted it to vanilla extract and quick cooking oats. These changes haven't compromised any taste changes. :))  The muffins have come out delish, soft and moist.
So I am convinced eggless is also as tasty as something baked with egg!!

Changes made:
Mixed a few walnuts in the batter.
Zest of orange = 1 tsp vanilla extract
Rolled oats = quick cooking oats

I didn't have any cup cake liners either, so baked directly in the muffin tray, greased with vegetable shortening.

Verdict: Another keeper recipe. I am sure to make this more often whenever I crave for banana bread! since low fat and low sugar is good for me...lol!!





Sending this to Tried and Tasted event hosted by Priya for this month, brainchild of Zlamushka, currently taken over by Lakshmi of Kitchen Chronicles.

Sending it to Cooking for Kids event, hosted by Suma Gandlur of Veggie Platter, Started by Sharmi of Neivadyam.

16 comments:

  1. Awesome muffins. Looks very appetizing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks fab!!Would like to pick that muffin right away...:-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so happy that u loved these Smitha! I love bananas for baking too and am always trying to add bananas to EVERYTHING ;) a freak I know but I just love them. I also like the fact that baking with bananas makes the house smell amazing :)

    Thank u so much for the kind words :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. they look great, would love one for my breakfast :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Perfectly baked muffins. Dhivya's recipesare always a hit at my place!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think eggless cookies which are typically 'shorter' than eggy cookies, are waaaay better. Your muffins look great.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great! My daughter has egg allergies, so would would work perfectly... will give it a try soon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Banana muffins with walnuts and oats looks delicious.

    Pushpa @ simplehomefood.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. The muffins look absolutely delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  10. muffins looks yummy n delicious dear,,

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks yummy and delicious muffins..

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice entry! has come out very nice too,loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Its not the theme or ur writing or food presentation that attracts me to this blog,but the recipes itself.Whenever I am reading thru a blog i get a vibe as anyone else; telling me abt the blogger.Some of the blogs are fearsomely perfect...i cant even think of being like them.When I come here i feel u r very experienced and confident in what you do...The recipes are just in ur mind library.And like my mother ,aunts or granny...it rarely needs refeences.I dont know if dats right cos dont know much abt u.But surely the pics and the recipes speak abt u...
    Tc.
    Biny

    ReplyDelete

Hi Guys!!!...Please leave a comment!..I love and enjoy reading all your comments!...